Friday, September 14, 2012

Sometimes but Always

Sometimes I wish I could talk to you.
It doesn't have to be anything profound, but
I just want to tell you about my day.

Sometimes I wish I could hug you.
I've almost forgotten what it feels like, but
maybe I’ll watch a home-made movie with you in it and remember.

Sometimes I wish I could introduce you to the new people I've met.
I know you would like them, and
I know that they would like you too; everyone does..did.

Sometimes I wish you could answer my questions.
It would be nice if you would teach me how to paint, because
I have never met anyone as good as you were.

Sometimes I wish I could hear you laugh.
It would be refreshing joke with someone as sarcastic as me, because
I know you would understand my dumb jokes.

Sometimes I wish you could read my writing.
I hope you would like it, and
I'm sure you would be encouraging.

Sometimes I wish you could give me advice.
I don’t recall needing much as a kid, but
I’m growing up now.

Sometimes I wish I knew how our relationship would be.
Like I said, I’m older now, and
I wish I could be daddy’s little girl.

Sometimes I wish we could have a day together.
I wish you could take me fishing, and
I don’t even like fishing.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to use past tense.
No one else notices, but
it tastes like medicine and burns like acid every time.

All the time I wish I knew why this had to happen.
I can breathe and live, very happily at that, but
often times those startling pangs of bewildering agony get the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment