Monday, August 12, 2013

Fill me up, God

This is something I have felt convicted of recently......

Sometimes, we Christians, myself included, ask God for a lot of stuff. A lot of times, this stuff isn't even bad. We ask for more of God, courage, boldness, wisdom, energy, etc. I believe God is happy to give us these things! He enjoys giving good gifts to his children. However, I believe that a lot of times, we waste these precious gifts. We should not ask for these things frivolously and expect no responsibility to come along with them.

Many times, we receive these gifts, experience a spiritual high for a few days, maybe even a few weeks, but then we forget; our joy gets choked out by our worldly worries. I ask and encourage you brothers and sisters that we, myself included, try not to do this.

A song I love to sing is "Fill Me Up." It says "fill me up God" over and over; God does and He will continue to fill us with His Spirit. He fills us with living water. This water is alive and dynamic! It is not stagnant. It is meant to gush forth from us in the form of love and service towards others.
God fills us and equips us to do His work; I pray we all strive to boldly and joyfully proclaim the greatest news we could ever receive, the news of the astounding love of Christ!
 Put your faith into action this week! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment