Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Homemade Psalm

My sins are great and testify against me, Oh my Lord.
To be in Your presence should be my ruin;
Your glory is too magnificent for my frame to bear.
My sin cripples me, and all that I have is like soiled rags before You.
My life is not an aroma but a stench.
My iniquity is astounding to me, that I know Your glory, and yet, daily, I wander.
My lips, hands, and heart are devoid of purity, and I place the blame nowhere but myself.

BUT

There is a cry that shakes the cosmos,
It is the blood of the lamb slain at the altar before the turning of time.
And His resurrection transforms my chains of transgression to pearls of righteousness.
My Saviour comes as a consuming fire redeeming all things and those that call out His name in faith.
He searches the expansive and expanding universe for my eyes,
And when He finds me, He pulls me close.
With water from the fount of crystal He cleanses me.
With coals of righteousness He purifies my lips.
I am limp from the wreckage of my selfishness, but He fortifies my bones with truth.
With a flame of love He melts the ice from my heart, and He injects my veins with enduring compassion.
With a salve of peace He restores and renews my cracked and calloused hands.
Songs of His praise fill my lungs, and as I cough the ash from them, my joy rings through the silence.
For His glory and renown He lifts me yet again from the pit.
Nothing can ever separate me from His passionate love.

My God My God
You are more to me than life!
Hallelujah to the Lord of Lords!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Caitlyn Osborne. Let me wish you a very bright, bloessed, spiritfilled and Christ centered New year. I am so glad to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Leaf" and a post on it " A Homemade Psalm". Indeed it is a beautiful homemade Psalm. Thank you for sharing it on the post and blessing ohters. I am blessed to go through it. Well seeing your life in the Lord I just feel to share with you about an opportunty you can have to come to Mumbai, India to work with us in the slums of Mumbai among poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus to give them new hope, life,purpose and future. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the borken hearted. We also encourage young poeple as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip towork with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come with your friends to come to Mumbai to work with us during your summer vacation. We would love to hear form you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede@gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete